St. Marys Community Shred
To be held on Sat., Sept. 16th from 8-11 am (or until truck is full) at our St. Marys Office - 301 W. High St.
Protect your identity & have up to 5 bags of confidential documents shredded FREE OF CHARGE
How to Report a Lost or Stolen Card, Identity Theft or Fraud
If you have lost your debit or credit card, or suspect identity theft or fraud on any of your Minster Bank accounts, please contact us as soon as possible. You can:
- Stop in to your local branch.
- During business hours, call Minster Bank at 1-866-MINSTER (1-866-646-7837).
- Debit Card - After hours, call 1-800-472-3272.
- Credit Card (Personal) - After hours, call 1-800-558-3424.
- Credit Card (Business) – After hours, call 1-800-558-3424.
What is the difference between identity theft and fraud?
Identity theft is when someone uses your personal information without your permission.
Bank or credit card fraud is when an account is opened fraudulently in your name and unauthorized charges are made.
What are other common types of fraud?
- Unauthorized phone services - New mobile phone service is established in a victim’s name.
- Bank fraud - A new bank account is opened in a victim’s name, fraudulent checks are written or unauthorized withdrawals are made from an account.
- Fraudulent loans - Personal, business, auto or real estate loans are obtained in a victim’s name.
- Government documents or benefits fraud - Access to a victim’s government documents, such as his/her driver’s license or Social Security number; tax return is filed frequently or government benefits are obtained through fraudulent means.
Do you think you’ve been a victim of identity theft?
Here are your next steps: Contact the fraud departments of each of the three major credit bureaus (listed below) and request:
- A fraud alert be placed on your file
- No new credit be granted without your approval
To report fraud, call: (800) 525-6285 or write: P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
To report fraud, call: (888) EXPERIAN (397-3742) or write: P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
Trans Union: www.transunion.com
To report fraud, call: (800) 680-7289 or write: Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834
- Close any accounts that have been fraudulently accessed or opened.
- File a local police report and get a copy of the report to your bank, credit card company or others that may need proof of the crime.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the federal clearinghouse for complaints by victims of identity theft. Although the FTC does not have the authority to bring criminal cases, it can assist victims. You can file a complaint with the FTC by visiting their website or calling toll-free (877) ID-THEFT (438-4338).
THIS NOTICE IS REQUIRED BY LAW.
You have the right to a free credit report from AnnualCreditReport.com or 877-322-8228, the ONLY authorized source under federal law.